3441 137th St
Flushing, NY 11354
Join us for a unique virtual program!
Discover chemistry in art! Paper marbling is an ancient technique that produces patterns that imitate smooth marble and other stones. Through several centuries, people have applied marbled materials to various surfaces such as bookbinding and stationery. Part of its appeal is that each print is unique; you will never find an identical one in the world! Participants will learn paper marbling techniques using items you can find easily at home and how chemical reactions create unique prints through the craft of marbling paper.
Please have the following materials available:
* Shaving foam ( works better than shaving cream)
* Shallow dish or pan
* Liquid watercolor paint (or watered-down food coloring)
* A chopstick, pencil or a thin brush
* Card stock
* A scraper, such as a square piece of cardboard
* A cooking bowl or any round, tall container
* Optional: a shoe rack or clothesline with clips to dry the paintings
* Nail polish ( assorted colors)
* Soapy water
* Cardboard, paper or watercolor paper
* Optional: straw
Ages 7 and above, families welcome.
Pay as you wish. Details to join the live workshop will be provided closer to the event date. Registration required.
This Virtual STEAM Workshop is supported, in part, by Simons Foundation, Unitarian Universalist Congregation Queens, and Con Edison
Click the link for more details and to register.