Flux Thursday: for Humorgous Smorgasbord
Flux Factory, 39-31 29th Street, Long Island City, New York 11101
Join Flux Factory on Thursday for an old-fashioned Smörgåsbord potluck and artist presentations, with donations from Zabar’s, TomCat Bakery, and Lagunitas Brewing Company. Smörgåsbord is part of the gallery’s exhibition Humorgous Smorgasbord curated by Sarah Dahlinger and Danny Crump. This group exhibition of artworks represent a contemporary snapshot of incongruity, from dark irony to sugary one-liners, engaging thoughtful and physical aspects of humor and laughter. It will showcase 24 international and national artists with interactive and static installations, film screenings, and two evenings of live performances and presentations.
When: Thursday, September 14, 7-10 PM
Where: Flux Factory, 39-31 29th Street, Long Island City, New York 11101
Schedule for the day:
– Potluck dinner sponsored in part by Zabar’s. Please bring something to share.
– Jacqueline van de Geer, The Paperbag Queen
– Richard Kostelanetz, Soho: The Rise and Fall of an Artist Colony
– Cayla Lockwood, HEALTHCARE™ and the Technology-Centered Connection℠ Program
– Caitlin Foley and Misha Rabinovich, Snortation
- Long Island City